HP Z800 Workstation (TrueNAS)
This PC was lost to the basement flood of 2021.
About half the water pumped out, everything that was stacked or on a low shelf floated around and made a HUGE mess.
Now my main TrueNAS box, Previously my daily driver PC until I got my Dell Precision 7810. My temp TrueNAS box is my HP Microserver N40L until I can replace this with something better.
- Dual – 6-core Xeon x5675 CPUs (3.06ghz)
- 48GB DDR3 ECC (triple channel)
- 240GB SSD (TrueNAS boot)
- 128MB Samsung NVMe SSD (on PCIe adapter card, cache drive)
- 8x 2TB HDDs (4x internal bay, 4x front mount hot swap bays)
- nVidia Quadro 600
- Broadcom dual Gigabit integrated NIC (LAN/Internet)
- Mellanox SFP+ NIC (
Direct 10gig fiber connection to my main PC)
- TrueNAS 12.0U2.1
Front – 4x HDs in ‘hot-swap’ bays
Insides – baffles in place – showing 4x HDDs
Insides – baffles removed – hardware has changed since photo