My Fujitsu Lifebook 280dx (added to my collection in 2017)
I had bought one of these BRAND NEW in 1997, in fact it was the one and only NEW “retail” computer I ever bought, I regrettably sold it on ebay after upgrading to a Pentium 3 laptop, so I bought this one recently.
- Pentium W/MMX 233mhz
- 96MB RAM (maxed out, 32MB was stock)
- 4GB Sandisk uSATA SSD in PATA adapter (originally 3.2GB mechanical HD)
- 12″ DSTN 800×600 display (awful, but I could not afford a TFT screen)
- 24X CD-ROM
- ESS Audio – Nearly 100% Sound Blaster compatible
- Floppy Drive
- 56kFlex modem (competing standard which lost to V90/92)
This laptop was utterly destroyed in shipping, the seller basically tossed it loose fitting in a box. I had to glue up A LOT of internal plastic supports, the display latch, and it even broke free a ferrite choke off the LCD backlight inverter board that I had to re-solder. I am claiming victory, I have it working and in one piece again.