- Dual, Dual Core Opteron (2216) 2.4Ghz CPUs
- 10GB ECC/Registered DDR2 RAM
- 1050Watt PSU
- 14 onboard SATA/SAS plus a 4-port IO Crest PCIe card (PNP in FreeNAS)
- 16x 500GB 2.5″ Drives (using 2.5″ hotswap bays plus the 4 internal bays)
- 2x 60GB Intel SSD’s for cache (helps with bulk transfers, I can max the NIC until the cache fills up, then data drives are the bottleneck).
- Dual 1Gbps NICs (1 dedicated to my PC, 1 to the rest of the network).
- 8GB USB Key for FreeNAS OS.
This was my daily driver PC until I replaced it with a Dell Precision T7400 Workstation, now this PC is a dedicated FreeNAS server, it’s main purpose is running Plex Media server plugins and storing all our media. With this machine’s 14 onboard SATA/SAS ports and ECC memory it’s ideal for a FreeNAS storage server, however it is a huge power hog LOL.